Junior Software Developer
Hardskills is on a mission to change how enterprises train leaders and managers in the world’s fast-growing emerging markets. We are looking for a talented Software developer to join our Berlin team working to build our platform using Rails from the ground up.
You will be gain valuable experience and contribute to building our innovative & proprietary platform that will transform how leadership development is done at scale.
As one of our early technical hires, you will work closely with other team members and our founders who bring a global track record of building successful and innovative technology-led enterprises servicing the Fortune 1000. We are looking for someone who will make a significant impact and can grow as we accelerate.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a revenue generating start-up with a global market opportunity in B-to-B at an exciting stage of the transformation of workforce skilling.
We offer strong career paths for candidates eager to learn. You will gain increasingly more programming responsibilities as you grow and prove yourself.
Hardskills is backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia.
- Trained in programming and eager to become a professional developer
- Adept at an OO language like Java
- Strong coding skills & rigor; able to write clean, efficient, reliable code
- Very strong in Excel
- Methodical & demonstrate logical thinking
- You are well organized and love staying on-top of things
- Process does not freak you out
- Work with our CTO & engineering team to develop our platform
- Rapid prototyping, vetting & iteration of options
- Write code following established best practices and processes to ensure code quality with an eye for performance and maintainability
- Test, track, and monitor usage & features
- Collaborate with Product, UI/UX teams to create compelling user experiences
- Proficiency with at least one of Ruby, C# Java or similar languages
- Good with databases like MySQL
- OO design skills
- Experience with git
- Proficiency in English
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, R or Python
- Android/iOS app development
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why we should consider you & a resumé.