Senior Android Developer
Hardskills is on a mission to change how enterprises train leaders and managers in the world’s fast-growing emerging markets.
We are looking for a talented Senior Android Developer to join our Berlin team to build and launch a ground-breaking Android App from scratch.
You will be responsible for a core part of our innovative & proprietary platform that will transform how leadership development is done at scale.
As one of our first key technical hires, you will work closely with our founders who bring a global track record of building successful and innovative technology-led enterprises servicing the Fortune 1000. This is a great opportunity to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges at an exciting stage of the transformation of workforce skilling.
We are looking for someone who will make a strong individual contribution. We offer strong career development paths for candidates eager to learn and grow. Hardskills is revenue generating and backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia.
- 3-5 years developing native Android Apps that work well even in CPU/bandwidth/latency challenged environments
- Shipped highly rated Apps on the Play store
- Expertise in mobile platforms, device fragmentation & features impacting user experience
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs, caching and securing data at appropriate layers for scalable, fault tolerant applications
- Design, code and maintain clean, efficient and reliable code
- Able to profile & debug multi-threaded code
- Data driven and experienced with A/B testing
- Been a part of agile teams using TDD, automated builds and deployments
- Work with our CTO & team to design, architect and build our first Android application; you'll have a clean slate without any technical debt
- Use proven and reliable components and design patterns with high scalability, reliability, maintainability and performance in mind
- Prototype solutions, quickly vet & iterate options
- Ensure right tooling for A/B testing, unit testing
- Develop tools for debugging, instrumenting and shipping native code on Android
- Perform code reviews, enforce best practices to ensure code quality with an eye for performance, security and maintainability
- Test, monitor usage and features that you ship and actively fix issues
- Collaborate to inform API design, UI and UX to create compelling App experiences
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of Android development
- Proficiency in English
- Track record developing native Android Apps; Android Studio, JUnit, Espresso UI, Retrofit, Gradle and Android SDK, etc.
- Creating & consuming RESTful APIs; JSON, XML.
- Solid OO design skills, expertise with mobile development design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Digital-media delivery; HTML 5 video, HTTP Adaptive Streaming, HLS, HDS, etc.
- iOS app development and RoR
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why we should consider you & a resumé.