Senior Back-end Ruby Engineer
Hardskills is on a mission to change how enterprises train leaders and managers in the world’s fast-growing emerging markets. We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Berlin team who can do everything needed to build our Backend using Rails from the ground up.
You will be responsible for a core part of our innovative & proprietary platform that will transform how leadership development is done at scale.
As one of our first key technical hires, you will work closely with our founders who bring a global track record of building successful and innovative technology-led enterprises servicing the Fortune 1000. You will get to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges as we develop our unique offering. We are looking for someone who will make a significant impact and can grow as we accelerate.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a revenue generating start-up with a global market opportunity in B-to-B at an exciting stage of the transformation of workforce skilling. It’s a role that can lead to team leadership responsibilities for those keen to pursue this path.
We offer strong career paths for candidates eager to learn and grow. Hardskills is backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia.
- Back-end engineer with 5- 7 years’ work experience with serious RoR chops
- Strong design and coding skills & rigor
- Maintain clean, efficient, reliable Ruby code using proven, reliable components and design patterns
- Able to implement APIs from scratch and own the full stack
- Data driven, experienced with A/B testing, TDD, continuous integration and deployment. You love automating repetitive tasks.
- Experienced in caching and securing data at appropriate layers for scalable, performant and secure APIs
- Design & architect a new product platform - you have a clean slate with no technical debt
- Rapid prototyping, vetting & iteration of options
- Ensure right tooling for A/B testing, build automation, deployment, etc. for efficiency & rapid iteration
- Perform code reviews, enforce best practices to ensure code quality with an eye for performance, security and maintainability
- Test, track, and monitor usage & features
- Collaborate with Product, UI/UX teams to create compelling web experiences
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in English
- Experience building high availability systems; AWS and CDNs
- SQL & NoSQL databases; MySQL & Redis, etc.
- Solid OO design skills, expertise with design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with git, pivotal tracker, Jira, Confluence, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with HTML5 video, Elixir, Node.js or Python
- Android and iOS app development experience
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why we should consider you & a resumé.