Software Developer – Frontend/Backend
Hardskills is on a mission to change how enterprises train leaders and managers in the world’s fast-growing emerging markets.
We are looking for a talented Software developer to join our Berlin team to help build our platform using Rails from the ground up.
You will gain valuable experience and contribute to building our innovative & proprietary platform that will transform how leadership development is done at scale.
As one of our early technical hires, you will work closely a Senior Backend Ruby developer and our founders who bring a global track record of building successful and innovative technology-led enterprises servicing the Fortune 1000. You will get to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges as we develop our unique offering. We are looking for someone who will make a significant impact and can grow as we accelerate.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a revenue generating start-up with a global market opportunity in B-to-B at an exciting stage of the transformation of workforce skilling.
We offer strong career paths for candidates eager to learn and grow. Hardskills is backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia.
- Familiar with developing the backend of applications using Ruby, .NET or Java
- Strong design and coding skills & rigor
- Adept at writing and maintaining clean, efficient, reliable Ruby code using proven, reliable components and design patterns
- Data driven and have been a part of agile teams using TDD, automated builds and deployments
- Work with our CTO & engineering team to develop our platform
- Write code following established best practices and processes to ensure code quality with an eye for performance and maintainability
- Test, track, and monitor usage & features
- Collaborate with Product, UI/UX teams to create compelling user experiences
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency with at least one of Ruby, C# Java or similar languages; must have used the MVC design pattern
- SQL database like MySQL
- Solid OO design skills, expertise with design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Proficiency in English
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Node.js or Python
- Digital-media delivery; HTML 5 video, HTTP Adaptive Streaming, HLS, HDS, etc.
- Android/iOS app development
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why we should consider you & a resumé.