HARDSKILLS is changing how enterprises develop their teams in the hard-to-teach but hot-in-demand behavioral skills such as how to be agile, think critically, how to influence, collaborate effectively and other high-performance traits.
We have a proven, science-based framework on how adults change mindsets, behaviors and learn new skills. Our proprietary content is beautifully and professionally produced to cinematic, Netflix-style quality - engaging the modern workforce. We go deep with analytics and use this to further improve the skill development of each learner on our platform.
Our business model and approach are highly differentiated from the rest of the learning industry, and our amazing Net Promoter Score of +74 versus an industry average of -25 is proof of how we’re cracking the code.
Our work results in improved career paths and personal growth of our end users at a time when many roles and individuals face transformation in the rapidly changing world of work. At enterprise-level, our scalable training solution helps customers develop ALL employees in these critical ‘human skills’ and not confine such development to the top 10%. We’re also helping them build high performance teams against increasing competition and industry disruption.
We are looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to join our Pune team to build-out our backend. You will be responsible for a core part of our next-generation SaaS platform, transforming how workforce development is done at scale. You will work closely with our founder CTO, and with product and engineering teammates and have an opportunity to shape our product from the ground up.
Hardskills is led by experienced international entrepreneurs with strong domain expertise and a track record in building award-winning enterprise start-ups. Based out of Berlin & Singapore, Hardskills is backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia.
If you enjoy building scalable platforms and building impactful applications with other accomplished engineers, read on.
- A backend engineer with 3+ years of experience with serious Python/Django/DRF, & database chops
- Strong at software architecture and design; and, an excellent hands-on coder
- Experienced in caching and securing data at appropriate layers for scalable, performant and secure APIs
- A big believer in automating repetitive tasks and experienced with TDD, CI/CD and A/B testing
- Contribute to the design & architecture of our new core product platform backend consisting of the Python, Django, DRF, Azure, Docker, PostgreSQL, Celery, RabbitMQ and Circle CI among other components
- Write clean, efficient, reliable code using proven, reliable components and design patterns
- Rapid prototyping, vetting & iteration of options when needed
- Perform code reviews, enforce best practices to ensure code quality with an eye for performance, security and maintainability
- Test, track, and monitor usage & features
- Collaborate with Product, UI/UX teams to create compelling user experiences
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4 - 6 years of total experience and at least 3 years of development experience with Django application development, including creating public APIs using the Django REST framework
- Expert at PostgreSQL or other RDBMS
- Solid OO design skills, expertise with design patterns and algorithms
- Experience building high availability, scalable systems in AWS or Azure
- Expert in Git, TDD and CI/CD
- Boundless startup energy and excited to apply your expertise and mentor junior engineers
- Proficiency in English
- Full-time position with competitive compensation
- Exposure to working with Fortune 500 companies
- Team culture that values diverse backgrounds & individual accountability
- A stimulating work environment and a really big mission
As we move into the next phase of our growth, we’re looking to attract individuals with high integrity, self-motivation and those who can work & play hard.
- Team Hardskills is built around a mindset that it’s possible to achieve anything
- We’re at the early stages of our potential and offer significant career growth for curious, driven individuals hungry for responsibility and ready to help shape our success
- We enjoy the diversity of perspectives, cultures & experiences each of us brings to work every day
- We care deeply about our product and how well we deliver on our promise to clients
- We recognize that hard work is a key ingredient of success, but that with the right team, mission and spirit, we can get there
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resumé & a cover letter explaining why we should consider you.