HARDSKILLS is a B2B online learning solution for enterprises to upskill their workforce in the hard-to-teach but hot-in-demand human behavioral skills such as how to think critically, collaborate, sell & influence, manage time efficiently, communicate effectively, be agile, etc.
We make learning joyful and high-impact; 90-100% of employees enrolled to train with us complete their course which is extraordinary versus an online learning industry average of less than 10%. We deliver measurable impact with a skills improvement of an average of 62% in just 3 months. We have a Net Promoter Score of +74, vs an industry average of -25.Our clients, top global Fortune 1000 companies, use Hardskills to train employees in over 40 countries globally.
We are looking for a Data Science Engineer with great ETL, data analysis and visualization skills. You will work with product and engineering teammates building our next-generation customer experience web-based platform.
Hardskills is led by experienced international entrepreneurs with strong domain expertise and a track record in building award-winning enterprise start-ups. Based out of Berlin & Singapore, Hardskills is backed by investors from Silicon Valley and Asia.
- Loving data & enjoying uncovering insightful patterns
- Python expert – especially good with using libraries like Pandas and NumPy
- Awesome with SQL and Excel
- Strong in the statistics, math and algorithms related to data science
- Whizz at creating visualizations that make data talk
- Strong design and coding skills & rigor
- Adept at writing and maintaining clean, efficient, reliable code using proven, reliable components and design patterns
- Data driven and love being a part of agile teams using TDD, automated builds and deployments and A/B testing
- Admired by others for being logical and for your powers of reasoning
- Super-well organized and love staying on-top of things
- Design and maintain systems to extract, organize and analyze structured and unstructured data
- Analyze and offer insights into our users, their motivations, and behavior
- Do Excel based data processing and analysis and use the learning to migrate functionality to web based, database-driven solution
- Use Python and other tools to extract and analyze structured and unstructured data
- Create reports, dashboards and rich, interactive data visualizations for the web as well as offline tools for staff and clients
- Help uncover patterns, trends and insights to improve product engagement, effectiveness and outcomes
- Write clean, efficient, reliable code using proven, reliable components and design patterns. Implement A/B tests, write unit tests and fix bugs
- Follow established best practices and processes to ensure code quality with an eye for performance and maintainability
- Rapid prototyping, vetting & iteration of options when needed
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a strong grounding in programming, computer science, statistics or a related quantitative field
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience involving data and analysis
- Strong Python skills, especially Data Science related libraries & able to work with structured and unstructured data
- SQL skills and knowledge of relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong experience with charting, data visualization and dashboards
- Solid OO design skills, expertise with design patterns and algorithms
- Proficiency with Django/Python, consuming/implementing REST APIs
- Self-motivated, driven, organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy a fast-pace
- Boundless startup energy and excited to learn and apply your expertise
- Excellent written & spoken English and like collaborating with colleagues. Your data needs to do its own talking!
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Databricks or Snowflake
- Experience using PyTorch for handling NLP use cases
- Full-time position with competitive compensation
- Exposure to working with Fortune 500 companies
- Team culture that values diverse backgrounds& individual accountability.
- A stimulating work environment and a really big mission
As we move into the next phase of our growth, we’re looking to attract individuals with high integrity, self-motivation and those who can work & play hard.
- Team Hardskills is built around a mindset that it’s possible to achieve anything
- We’re at the early stages of our potential and offer significant career growth for curious, driven individuals hungry for responsibility and ready to help shape our success
- We enjoy the diversity of perspectives, cultures & experiences each of us brings to work every day
- We care deeply about our product, and about how well we deliver on our promise to clients
- We recognize that hard work is a key ingredient of success and with the right team, mission and spirit, we can get there
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resumé & a cover letter explaining why we should consider you.